Whether you haven’t been to a dentist lately, or you just want to brush up on what to ask the experts to get the most for your mouth, here’s a list of questions that show you’re serious about oral care…and master of your own mouth:
Questions to Ask Your Dental Office
- Can I schedule some or all of my family members back-to-back or at the same time? This will save you trips back and forth from the dentist throughout the year.
- Can I schedule an evening or weekend appointment? This is a great idea if you have a hard time finding time during the day.
Questions to Ask Your Dentist
- Does my mouth look healthy?
- What can I do at home to keep my teeth & gums healthy?
- Can you suggest foods and drinks that will decrease my risk for cavities?
- Can I wear my headphones? If the noise of dental tools bothers you, ask to listen to a personal music device so you can listen to your favorite songs.
- Can we set up a hand signal? If lack of communication while your mouth is being worked on makes you nervous, set up a hand signal or ask to be told exactly what you’ll feel and how long it will last.
- Can we spread out the treatment, prioritizing what is essential first?
- Is there anything I should tell my physician about my oral health?